Author Topic: Florida Doctor Says CVS Pharmacy Refused COVID Patient's Prescribed Hydroxychlor  (Read 528 times)

admin

• Administrator
https://www.newsweek.com/florida-doctor-says-cvs-pharmacy-refused-covid-patients-prescribed-hydroxychloroquine-1518763

"Florida Doctor Says CVS Pharmacy Refused COVID Patient's Prescribed Hydroxychloroquine

A Florida doctor said Thursday that a local CVS pharmacy refused to fill a hydroxychloroquine prescription for his coronavirus positive patient.

"When my assistant gave the COVID-19 diagnosis CVS said, 'Sorry we can't dispense the drug,'" Speros Hampilos, a Tampa Bay-area physician, told WFLA News Channel 8 after he sent his assistant to a St. Petersburg CVS pharmacy.

"This was the first time we've been asked for a diagnosis and were declined," the doctor said.

Hampilos, who has 35 years of experience, tried to fill the prescription after getting a phone call from a patient who just received news he was diagnosed with pneumonia and the novel coronavirus.

"He called me yesterday and said, 'Doc, I was in the [emergency room]. I was diagnosed with pneumonia and COVID-19, and I still don't feel good,'" Hampilos said, which prompted him to write three prescriptions, including one for hydroxychloroquine.

Hampilos said he was told the reason why the CVS did not fill his prescription was because their policy dictated they could not dispense hydroxychloroquine for a COVID-19 diagnosis. The doctor called a different pharmacy and was able to fill the prescription soon afterwards.

Amy Thibault, the senior manager for corporate communications at CVS, told Newsweek in an email the company's goal is to "limit stockpiling of medication that could result in future shortages and gaps in care."

"We're balancing the off-label use of certain prescription medications to treat COVID-19 pneumonia with the ongoing needs of patients who are prescribed these drugs to help manage chronic conditions such as lupus, HIV, rheumatoid arthritis and asthma," Thibault said."

more
https://www.newsweek.com/florida-doctor-says-cvs-pharmacy-refused-covid-patients-prescribed-hydroxychloroquine-1518763

So are they expecting some mad new influx of Lupus, malaria and RA patients? One would think they have a fairly steady and dependable flow of users for those purposes that they can plan.
Are they suggesting they can't get what they might need from the 63 million doses our government has stockpiled and collecting dust?

Even so, while their running out could inconvenience and increase discomfort in their regular customers, is it a matter of life and death, as it can easily turn into for a COVID sufferer? The whole Zelenko Protocol requires 10 pills over 5 days (and occasionally more if the symptoms aren't cleared).

The customer that was refused should have seen if he could have forced an accounting of the volume that CVS had on hand at that store and at their local distributor. If I went in and they did that to me, I would get everybody's name and tell them my family will name each and every one of them in a wrongful death lawsuit, if my symptoms wound up progressing beyond the point of no return, or permanent injury.

If someone is given a prescription and their pharmacist gets in between a doctor and his patient, and the patient misses crucial timing of treatment and dies as a result, mightn't this constitute grounds for a wrongful death lawsuit?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 04:56:54 PM by Administrator »
Over a million Americans have died completely unnecessary, horrific, deaths from COVID-19. Do you have a plan in place to help your family dodge the average $73,300 COVID hospital bill, through prevention and a $20 EARLY treatment protocol? https://www.covidtreatmentoptions.com/

Nigel77

What a lame excuse that they don't to compromise the availability of Hydro and leave lupus and malaria patients without access.  I don't know anyone locally in Florida who has malaria, do you?  Company policy is always going to fall where the money is, whether it is right or wrong morally.

admin

• Administrator
What a lame excuse that they don't to compromise the availability of Hydro and leave lupus and malaria patients without access.  I don't know anyone locally in Florida who has malaria, do you?  Company policy is always going to fall where the money is, whether it is right or wrong morally.

Welcome to the forum Nigel!
There are around five million people in the U.S. that take HCQ for Lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, but those would be regular customers that the drug store would be inventorying for. By the same token, as need grows among COVID patients, they should obviously have been stocking for that as well. The stuff has a 3 year shelf life. Besides which I understand there are about a dozen domestic manufacturers as well as makers all over the world, particularly in India, who export. They shut down their exports for a while because of concerns over domestic need but loosened up after fears subsided and Trump talked them into letting some loose. It's available over-the-counter in much of the world and it should be here too, since it's 65-year safety profile suggests it is safer than aspirin, Tylenol or Benadryl. It was available OTC in France for fifty years up until the bogus studies painted it as something dangerous. I wonder if they told the Lupus and RA users that?!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 08:35:22 AM by Administrator »
Over a million Americans have died completely unnecessary, horrific, deaths from COVID-19. Do you have a plan in place to help your family dodge the average $73,300 COVID hospital bill, through prevention and a $20 EARLY treatment protocol? https://www.covidtreatmentoptions.com/